Back-to-School Update | July 29
We are one week away from our Back-to-School Bash and a little over one week away from the start of the school year.
Here are a few back-to-school details you need to know.
1- First Day of School- The first day of school is Monday, August 8th.
2- Back-to-School Bash, August 5th- Our Back-to-School Bash will be a time to meet teachers, visit classrooms, learn about ways to be involved at MCS, and hear about exciting plans for the 2022-2023 school year. We will have inflatables and food trucks as well. You can learn more about the schedule HERE.
3- 7th Grade Orientation- On Thursday, August 4 at 7:00pm, we will have a special orientation for students entering 7th grade. This meeting will give all parents and students the information they need to have a successful transition into the Upper School. This meeting will take place in the band room. (If you have questions about the location of the band room, please call the school office.)
4- Lower School Supply List- Our 2022-2023 School Supply List for PreK-6th grade is available on our website.
5- Upper School Supplies- Each teacher will have a syllabus for his/her class which will list needed supplies. This will be passed out at the Back-to-School Bash.
6- NEW School Start Times: To help ease traffic congestion in the mornings and afternoons, we are staggering our Lower School and Upper School drop off and pick up times. As you will see below, nothing is changing from last year for the Lower School. Upper School families, please note the changes.
- Lower School drop-off will be from 7:30-8:00 with class beginning at 8:00.
- Upper School drop-off will be from 7:45-8:15 with class beginning at 8:15.
- Upper School students who are dropped off earlier with Lower School siblings will remain in the gym (supervised).
- Lower School pick-up will begin at 3:00.
- Upper School pick-up will begin at 3:25.
- Lower School students who are being picked up later with Upper School siblings will remain in a supervised area.
You can view the traffic patterns HERE.
7- Employment Opportunities- There are still a couple of open positions at MCS. If you know of someone who might be interested, please have them look at our EMPLOYMENT PAGE.