The staff at Maryville Christian School recognize that all students learn differently. In order to reach all students we provide several different programs in support of the general curriculum while striving for excellence.
For more in-depth information regarding our Student Learning Profile program, click here.
Classroom teachers provide academic support and homework help for all students after school until 3:45 Monday - Friday. There is no charge for this support.
- Kindergarten – 6th grade students are screened quarterly using the STAR Assessments
- Double Dose includes 30 extra minutes of reading instruction by our reading specialists in addition to reading, language arts, and spelling in the classroom
- Phonemic awareness, phonetics, fluency, comprehension, and vocabulary instruction
- Sessions provided by qualified personnel in the areas of reading, math, written expression, and social intervention
- Math tutoring (all grades)
- Reading (all grades)
- Writing (all grades)
- Inference Strategy Workshop (6th - 12th grades, $25 per session)
- Helping students in grades 4-12 learn responsibility, accountability, and organization.
- Students "check-out" through the Backpack & Agenda Check before leaving the school building each day.
- $25 per semester
- For more information, click here.
- Assessment and therapy for students needing speech and/or language services.
- Weekly therapy sessions provided by a licensed therapist.
- Contact, SLP Coordinator, Ellen Strickland, for assessment and therapy cost.
- A psychological battery of testing can determine if a specific diagnosis is prohibiting growth in an educational setting. This could include a health impairment, learning disability, or cognitive disability. Services can be provided for students with a diagnosed disability under the Student Learning Profile Program at Maryville Christian School.
- Assessment provided by a licensed psychologist.
- Contact, SLP Coordinator, Ellen Strickland, for assessment cost.