MCS Academic Advising
Maryville Christian School places a high value on advising our high school students through the academic and college/career planning process. We partner with parents in guiding young people through the exciting discovery of God's design and their "fit" in the Kingdom, so that they can live out their unique calling in an increasingly complex world.
The Guidance Office provides academic direction for students as they strive to realize their maximum academic and personal potential in MCS's college preparatory curriculum. We work with them on college selection and career exploration in planning for life beyond high school. We also advise and support them in the quest for scholarships and financial aid as they take the next step in their educational journey.
MCS is now using the online service Parchment for secure transcript delivery, accessible below. You do not need a registration code but will be required to set up an initial free account with Parchment (takes under 2 minutes). Each time you would like to request a transcript to be sent to an institution, you will log in to your account and make the request. This enables MCS to have records of all transcripts received by colleges or other institutions. Please allow 2-3 business days for transmission. If your transcript is due on a certain date, try to make the request at least 4 business days in advance. While we may be able to transmit the document earlier, we do not want you to miss any deadlines because of the processing time. If you have any questions, please contact our Guidance Office.
If you are a member of the MCS Homeschool Umbrella or ISP, please contact the HSU/ISP director to request your transcript. Those transcripts are not available through Parchment.
Helpful Links & Resources
- NCAA Eligibility Information
- Peterson's College Planning Timeline
- Peterson's Guide
- ACT College & Career Planning
- US News & World Reports College Rankings
- The College Board's Big Future
- College for TN
- My Majors
- eCampus Tours
- The Princeton Review
- Colleges that Change Lives
- Discover Business Degrees
- Discover Data Science Degrees
- Common App
- TSAC (Hope Scholarship & Dual Enrollment Grant Information)
- The College Board CSS Profile
- The College Board's Big Future Scholarship Search
- Federal Student Aid
- Fastweb Top 12 Tips on Winning a Scholarship
- College for TN Scholarship Search
- eCampus Tours Paying for College
- High Five Scholarships
- Cappex Scholarships
- East TN Foundation Scholarships
National Honors Society is a nationally recognized program that honors students based on academic achievements and citizenship. The program also has a community service aspect which encourages students to be involved in service and leadership. Students in grades 10-12 with a minimum 3.6 GPA and a commitment to 10 service hours (in addition to any Mercy Matters requirements) who have been at MCS for at least one year are eligible for participation.
The main objectives of this program are:
- To promote the ideals of character, service, and leadership
- To reward meritorious academic achievement
- To encourage and assist students in post high school education
Beta Club is an organization for students that promotes academic excellence and service to others. Students in grades 10-12 with a minimum 3.2 GPA and a commitment to 10 service hours (in addition to any Mercy Matters requirements) who have been at MCS for at least one year are eligible for participation.